Thursday, July 23, 2009

A New Friend in Sandpoint


Let me introduce my Spokes to Paula Lund. I met Paula on Warmshowers.org, but I suspect if I hadn’t contacted her first, she would have chased me down and offered a place to stay as she does so many other bicycle tourists. I really enjoyed my stay with Paula and her pets (kids were at Yellowstone with Dad), she was a very gracious host and a fun person too. Who else would have me out on the side of a mountain way past sunset picking huckleberries for the first time in my life? Mother Nature shines on Paula’s yard with food of all kinds growing in her garden and orchard. I enjoyed picking raspberries and cherries and grazing on snow peas and other delights. Circumstances allowed me only hours notice before my arrival – yet I felt like I had known Paula for years. I suspect I will keep in touch with her long after my trip is completed and I’m sure Paula’s adventurous personality will bring her to my home in South Florida one day soon.

No comments: