Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Big Hole and the Great Divide

OK Spokes - get your mind out of the gutter, this is a family show. :)

I spent this week riding along the west edge of Montana. I left Dillon, MT and climbed into the "Big Hole" which is a circular flat valley high up and surrounded by mountains. The scenery was incredible but the weather was not perfect. I ended up spending an unplanned rest day in Jackson, Hot Springs which isn't a bad place to spend some time. Then, as I climbed back out of the Big Hole, I crossed the Continental Divide which means I should be half way there - right? And that it's all downhill now - right?? Well, false on both counts but not in a bad way. Here is this weeks review.



As I rode out of the Big Hole, I recorded 20 minutes of downhill that I am posting basically unedited. There is no music with it so it may not be terribly exciting, but it was fun and I hope you might enjoy riding with me. It is posted in 2 parts.



No comments: