Thursday, May 14, 2009

Rest Day in Columbus, MS

I've been riding steady since Gainesville, FL and my legs and knees were screaming for a rest day so I'm taking one here in Columbus Mississippi. This is a very quaint town and I'm glad I stopped here. I walked the streets this morning and took a few pictures with my cell phone, but it doesn't truly represent this historic city. Many of the homes have signs indicating they were built in the mid 1800's - the architecture is fantastic.

I also laid out by the pool for a little while trying (in vain) to remedy these unusual tan lines I have developed. I haven't had tan lines in years ;) but I suppose I should resign myself to the fact that I will have a farmer tan for the rest of the summer.

Hopefully I will get to see the new Star Trek movie later this afternoon. I have been very anxious to see it.

I took a peek ahead on my Adventure Cycling maps and determined that I will have a challenging week ahead with some steep climbs and possibly (much) cooler weather. The weather forecast this morning calls for lows in the 40's and highs barely reaching 70. Time to break out the leg and arm warmers.

I'm using Windows Movie Maker, a program I truly despise, to edit my weekly updates. I just edited and re-posted the week 2 video because I wanted to get the titles off the pictures so you could actually see them. Please watch at least the picture section over to get a better idea of the scenery.

Here are a few pictures I took this morning on my cell phone.













No comments: