Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Two Great Hosts in the Black Hills

I met Fred and Sherry through the Warmshowers.org website. They are avid cyclists and have done many tours across the country. They were fantastic hosts with a great Mexican dinner, margaritas (yum!) a nice place to rest my head and route advice. They had already hosted two other groups of bicyclists that week but I was still treated like family. I really enjoyed meeting these two new friends! Of course they always have a place to rest in Ft. Lauderdale too!

It was great to see a high school friend of mine while passing through Spearfish, SD. Billie Jo, her husband Todd (already at work), son Jacksyn and daughter Janesa (out of town at EMT camp) gave me a great spaghetti dinner, laundry, shopping, a comfy bed (thanks Janesa!) and sent me off the next day with a big breakfast that got me well into Wyoming.

No comments: