Saturday, June 20, 2009

Crossing the Great Plains

I started week 8 back in Lincoln, NE on Sunday June 14th where I began my trek across the Great Plains of Nebraska and South Dakota. I had a new goal of getting back to South Dakota by Thursday so my sister Sharon and her husband could take a planned trip to the Black Hills of South Dakota while I would stay with Mom for the weekend. The winds and weather were favorable (except for a few storms at night) and I was able to make it to Vivian, SD (30 miles south of Ft. Pierre) where my brother in law Ron picked me up. On Wednesday I passed through Winner, SD and got to visit a high school friend Cara and we had a nice breakfast together. Last week while I was in Pierre, I also got to see another good friend Laurel from college. We spent a nice afternoon together catching up on former classmates.

I didn't take a whole lot of pictures and videos this week because ...... well.... it all looks a bit the same in the Great Plains. Still it is beautiful country and I enjoyed my ride.

No comments: