Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Well Underway!

Hello Spokes!

Just a quick update on my progress so far. I've traveled about 300 miles and am currently near St. Augustine, FL. Tomorrow I'll start heading West across the Panhandle of FL. I wonder if that strong east wind I've been battling will continue as I head west? Would be nice to be pushed for a while instead of pushed over.

For my many friends and family who have been praying for me - please keep it up! I've had some very good fortune getting cheaper campgrounds ($15 instead of $30) and some free meals and have met some very nice people so far.

I'll be posting a better message later this week (on a rest day) with a few videos. I wish I had more room on my hard drive because I have seen some fantastic scenery so far. Maybe I'll get an external hard drive that is light enough to bike up a mountain. Speaking of weight, I finally got the opportunity to weigh my bike yesterday and it is just over 100 lbs. (with water). I hope my legs will be able to handle that on a mountain!

For more frequent updates - please check my Twitter page. I'm trying to do a brief daily update on that site.

Thanks to all for the prayers and support!

No comments: